Sunday, March 4, 2012

St Patty's Banner

I LOVE St. Patrick's Day - it may be because I really like the color green - rainbows - clovers - gold :)  or it may be because my maiden name was O'Reilly!  Whatever it is - for me it is FUN!  So this week I made this cute little St. Patty's day banner to put up in my house.  It's ALL Stampin' Up! - the string is our Hemp twine - the shamrocks are made out of three heart punches, creased in half to give some dimension.  The stem is the branch from the bird punch and the buttons and ribbon are also Stampin' Ups!!!  So you can see why I LOVE their products.
The medallions are made with the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die in the current Occasions Mini - when you use this die it cuts one edge with points and one edge with circles cut out; and the rosette ends up about 9-10" in diameter.  So I just cut the strips in half to make two smaller medallions.  I love the way it turned out.
 
The paper is Stampin' Ups "First Edition" specialty paper.  I love this stuff as books and newprint paper are all the rage - but who wants to cut up a book or get newprint all over your fingers.  This paper mimics that look, is printed on two sides, and is a bit lighter weight than our other papers - perfect for this look.  I hope you can see the detail on this close up.  I made another for a gift, and added the large pearls the centers of the buttons and it looked great.  I might go back and add them to mine!  Thanks for stopping by - see you soon!! ~Maureen

3 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great banner. It could be used for any fun holiday. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

Love your festive St. Patrick's Day banner! Thanks for sharing it.

Dale Morin said...

Love your banner. Great Job!!!